Monday, May 09, 2005

It's May 8, 2005 - Mother's day

Or more accurately, May 9, 2005 12:15AM. I’m finally burning the Rev 4. DVD of the Union Financial Annual Meeting video project. Far from my best work, but a long way from trash, I hope it will pass muster with the uppers at UFC.
I like the opening montage of old photos. It’s sort of a warm and fuzzy look at a bank’s remodeling and grand opening in the late 1950s. I wasn’t there, we didn’t move to Lake Odessa until 1963, but I do see an old class mate in one of the photos. He was six years old at the time. As I recall, his grandfather was the bank president at the time.
I created an animated version of the printed annual report. I like that too. Royal music in the background gives it sort of a PBS-ish look. It’s all in gray’s so it looks silverish and even if I do say so myself, it’s very cool.
I tried my best to have the video look like something other than a fancy Power Point presentation, but when you have so many graphs you only have so many options. It really needs some on camera interviews to break up the data. But I got the impression that they wanted to limit the cost. So no new video this year.
I’m thinking about approaching them to shoot a different sort of video for next year. I’d like to produce a real day-in-the-life kind of thing. I’d set up a couple of their best customers to be the subjects. Gathering real B-roll footage and using close up, multi-cam interviews could really make the thing special. I’d love to get back into producing some television programming and I could use such a piece as part of a resume. But it would take so much time. I’m not sure I can handle the strain on my schedule. Still, it my get me out of this Lakewood gig. That would be a good thing.
I’ve got to go get some sleep. I’ve been hammering this project too hard. But a deadline is a deadline and the closer they come the shorter the days are. When I hit the sheets tonight it will be with the comfort that the thing is finished. At least until the bank gives me the final change orders! I hope they’ll be happy with it as it sits. I’m double scheduled already for tomorrow night and Tuesday is the show! I’ve run out of time. I wonder if I’ll ever recover from the lightening strike over spring break. Man I need those days back.

No comments: